Sunday, February 24, 2013


As I sit here at my desk drinking my hot tea I smile at myself.  It's been a couple days since I have written on my blog page.  Do you wonder why?  Well I hope you do.  I have taken some days off so that I could actually work on some art work.  Yes, me.  I knew that if I didn't take time off from jabbing at these keys I wouldn't be able to hold my pencil.  Anyway,  I have started a self portrait of myself.  Don't laugh now.  I figure if I didn't  make a portrait of myself no one else would.  "How was I able to draw you ask?"  I turned on my implant took some Magic Beans and let them do their Magic.  As I walked through the fog induced  semi-sleep I slowly set myself up in my bed.  I took my wedge which is what I use to sleep on and stacked three huge pillows on top of it.  I then took a poster board which is half the size of my body and taped my watercolor paper on to it.  I guess you can say that I am petite or as I been told follow the Yellow Brick Road (from the Wizard of Oz) short.  I then took another pillow and set it up under my right arm for support.  When I was sitting up in bed I placed the poster board on my lap and wedged it between my mid-section and my knees'.  After I long battle with my Red Screamn Dragon (RSD) I have managed to at least draw my face.  I have been working on this self portrait for two weeks.  It was very emotionally frustrating, do to the fact my right hand has lost some feel to it and I can't move my arm mechanically correct.  I have not  finished my creation yet.  But, I will.  I have drawn myself in a abstract form.  "Why abstract?" you say.  Easy,  I decided that since I see things in a much different manner then most It is the best way I could express myself.  My goal is  to paint it in watercolor  and add gold leaf to it.  I want it to be rich and bright in colors with a depth of emotion.  My dilemma  is how am I going to paint.  My thought is to cut a paint brush in half and perhaps tape it to my index finger as an extension of myself, or perhaps tape the paint brush between my thumb and index finger so it does not keep falling out of my grip.  I guess I will document this when the challenge comes.  I am posting the beginning of myself portrait and hope to show you more the next time we talk.  I must leave you now for I know the onset of my blabbering is going to begin do to my Magic Beans which are taking effect this evening.  My Red Screamn Dragon has been sedated and so have I.  I am losing ground my body is beginning  to sway in my chair and my mind is trapped from within me.  My thoughts begin to become dream like. Alice in Wonderland chasing after the White Rabbit down the bunny hole.  Where am I going?  What time is it? I'm late, very, very late. I have a date with Mr. Sandman.  With eyes open I stare up at the ceiling and my mind grows a pair of wings and takes off to Never Land.  "Hello Peter".

No comments:

Post a Comment